Thursday, March 8, 2007

A failure already

I know, I know....You don't have to say anything...I have already slacked behind in my blogging. I am afraid that I am a failure already. I choose not to look at it that way though. Instead, I choose to look at it as a minor disruption. In fact the last month, has been one disruption after another. But after all, that is when life happens isn't it? Life happens when we deviate from our lists and schedules.

My husband called from out of town about a month ago. "How about you and the kids go with me to Houston on my business trip next week." Normally I would be hesitant, but being married to Todd has taught me to be a little more spontaneous. I immediately started packing. We made a mini vacation of it, stopping to see friends along the way. I shopped during the day while he was in meetings, and took the kids to see the play areas of all the malls. In the evening we ate out. We ate at all the places that I haven't eaten at since we moved from the big city. On the way home, we even dropped in on my college roomate Shelley, whom I had not seen in 3 years.

We no more than got home and got unpacked when my 10 month old baby McKenna got sick. She had rotavirus and ended up in the hospital. She is better from that, but is now battling ear infections. In the midst of this craziness, I started a home-based business (Southern Living at Home) and my husband finished the fort he built for the boys (this has been a 6 month long project, which deserves a whole entry of its own). So, we decided to celebrate with a fort grand opening and a Southern Living at Home business launch.

We invited about 100 of our closest friends and their families to our house. Did I mention that I am not a good housekeeper. So, having an event at my house entails a drastic amount of cleaning (and hiding). We had a good turn out and the kids had a blast! It was a good night for my new little business too. The party was this past Saturday and then Todd left town again. He returned tonight just in time for the 4-year old soccer team meeting at our house (since we are the coaches). Sometimes our lives seem so busy. So, the next time I don't have an entry for a while, you will know that Life is happening!

No comments: