Tuesday, March 13, 2007

PB&J

Cason loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He asks for one everyday for lunch. One day when I was at my friend Shane's house for a play date, she made the kids PB&J by mixing the peanut butter and jelly in a bowl first before putting it on the bread. She said it makes it spread on easier (and it does!). Shortly after that I was in the grocery store and noticed the Smucker's Uncrustable PB&J sandwiches in the freezer section (they are too expensive for me to justify saving the time).

After these two experiences, I came up with a system: I buy a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly. I use a lot of Peanut Butter and a lot of jelly and put them in a big bowl and use a mixer to blend them. Then I make a whole loaf of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I cut each one and wrap them individually, then put them all in a large freezer bag, or back in the bread bag and throw it in my freezer (it only takes about 10-15 minutes to make them all at once). Now on school days, I just get one out and throw it in a bag with a drink and some fruit. It is a major time saver. It freezes very well, and thaws in time for lunch. I have even tried one myself, and it tastes great!

No comments: